Social Media/Marketing Coordinator
Silver + Salt is looking for a creative person with a passion for handmade jewelry to help us grow our social media presence. You will help us design the campaigns and content for all Silver + Salt social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest). This is a part-time position with the opportunity to grow to full-time.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Create and manage a monthly social media & marketing calendar to cover all of our social marketing channels, email newsletter and paid advertisements.
- Help create content for our social media accounts (Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest) and our blog. This may include some product photography or working with photographers on imagery.
- Create a consistent email marketing program including regular newsletters to keep our customers engaged.
- Help establish an SEO optimization process for our website.
- Establish a regular website update process for our one-of-a-kind jewelry releases.
Additional Responsibilities (these are a bonus!):
- Conduct outreach to media outlets and community influencers/leaders to help promote Silver + Salt.
- Help coordinate events at the Silver + Salt studio and off-site events such as pop-ups and trunk shows.
- Occasionally provide additional coverage at our Pike Place Market showroom.
- Proven experience with social media marketing and content creation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to create content in the Silver + Salt voice.
- You must be a resourceful, creative problem solver; able to work well with a small team.
- At a minimum, you must have a strong interest in learning about jewelry and a passion for small, handmade business. Bonus for previous jewelry industry experience.
- Experience with graphic design programs such as Photoshop and Canva.
- Experience with product and/or flat lay photography.
Ideally, this position would be located in Seattle, WA with some time spent on site in our Pike Place Market Studio or office located near Woodland Park Zoo.
Please email your cover letter, resume, and portfolio of previous social media/marketing work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Silver + Salt
Silver + Salt is a handmade jewelry line established by Christine Heidel in late 2014. Christine is a former management consultant and self-taught metalsmith who believes in crafting environmentally conscious jewelry that is unique, accessible and fun to wear.
In the spring of 2018, Silver + Salt opened a studio/showroom in Pike Place Market. Our goal with this studio space is to help people feel a connection to the jewelry they purchase by having a chance to meet the person who made it.
We are a small team who believes in doing good, having fun and learning as we go.