Silver + Salt is looking for a creative person with a passion for handmade jewelry to fill the role of Production Jeweler. This is a part-time position (20 hours per week) with the opportunity to grow to a full-time role in the near future. The ideal candidate has experience making jewelry in sterling silver and 14k gold including fabrication of bezels, basic prong settings, stone setting rose-cuts/cabochons, flush setting, finishing and polishing.
We have a new production-only studio in Ballard and a retail studio/showroom in Pike Place Market. This position will be primarily based out of our production studio in Ballard.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Fabricate pieces from Silver + Salt’s permanent jewelry collections.
- Fabricate one-of-a-kind jewelry pieces based on sketches and design concepts.
- Stone setting & finishing.
- Must be comfortable working independently in a small business environment.
Additional Responsibilities (these are a bonus!):
- Provide coverage at our retail studio/showroom and help customers with questions about our designs and bespoke jewelry offerings.
- Perform jewelry repairs such as ring resizing. Experience & skill with a pulse arc or laser welder is a plus!
- Minimum of 1 year experience with jewelry fabrication including bezel settings, basic prong settings, stone setting and finishing. Strong soldering skills are a must.
- Fine attention to detail and quality.
- You must be a resourceful, creative problem solver and able to work well with a small team. Strong project management skills are a key to success in this role.
- Bonus skills: CAD, 3d printing, casting, more advanced stone setting experience such as flush setting, pave and center stone setting.
Competitive hourly wage based on experience.
Please email your cover letter, resume, and portfolio of your recent jewelry fabrication work to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications that do not include a portfolio will not be considered.